National Steel Policy: Will it be able to meet expectations?
The new National Steel Policy, 2017 envisages increasing steel capacity from 122 mtpa to 300 mtpa by 2030. Such capacity expansion will require investments worth Rs 10 lakh crore.
● Met coal is in focus due to the recent spike in international spot prices
● Tata Steel homing in on finished consumer products
● SAIL banks on captive sources to enhance met coal production
● Since Indian steel prices did not touch global levels, there is scope for further price rise
● Real estate suffers 44% fall in sales post note ban: Knight Frank
Plus regular features, corporate, logistics and other news & analyses.
Steel Insights is India's premier and widely read monthly magazine on steel and metallurgical industry published by mjunction services ltd (A JV of Tata Steel and SAIL).It delves into the various facets of the domestic and global steel industry, such as market fundamentals, raw material price trends, price forecasts, upcoming projects, corporate updates and international trade and logistics issues.It also includes an incisive analysis of news on steel and allied industries, as well as expert opinions on relevant topics and interviews of industry stalwarts on a regular basis. Also includes daily news headlines & daily newsletter on Steel Industry